Friday, September 30, 2016

Shakespeare Reflection

In my GOAL class, we did a unit on Shakespeare for the 400th year anniversary of his death. It was a lot of fun and I was really excited one we heard that we were doing a Shakespeare unit! With this, we watched some of The Taming of The Shrew, did Shakespeare deaths and insults, went on a field trip to see his First Folio (Play Book, not actual play), and looked at some more really awesome things!

When we went on the field trip to see The First Folio, it was really cool! I learned some things I would have never known such as, Shakespeare's school and textbooks to things that people did that we don't do today, like having a book to compliment ladies.

When we watched Taming of The Shrew, it was really good! It had a funny cast of characters who did some pretty crazy stuff! In it, Kate, a very unkind person, is to have a husband before her younger sister Bianca, the nicest girl in the land who everyone wants to marry, can be married or have a boyfriend. Petrucio comes in, turns into the husband of Kate, and goes back to his home with Kate. After Kate starts to be nice (or tamed) she and Petrucio live a very happy life. It was a very good movie, and I would definetly say that Kate was tamed at the end of the movie.


When we did Shakespeare deaths and insults, it was hilarious! Either they were tragic or they were one of the funniest things I have ever heard! I was Paris, from Romeo and Juliet, and someone else who I can't remember at all! This helped me understand things such as why Shakespeare is still so famous and so popular, he had a lot of different genres all put together to make a masterpiece.

After this unit, I still want to see more things that Shakespeare has done. It helped me understand why he was so famous in the first place. I loved this unit a lot, and it was a lot of fun to do. I can't wait to see even more Shakespeare in the future.

8 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about the first folio because back in Shakespeares time their wasn't very many book like The Taming Of The Shrew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you put together you're blog post. I jumbled mine up in one big disaster! I also liked how you talked about our field trip, I have'nt heard much about that from anyone else's that i've read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not Skye. I liked you're blog post. It was funny and informative. -Not Skye

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so true! His masterpieces are both tragic and Hilarious! XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the insults and deaths, too! I completely agree with you on that! And you put this together really well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your blogpost. I especially agree about his insults. They were just to great to not like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked how you formatted and wrote your post. And I totally agree that Taming of the Shrew had a funny enjoyable cast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with pretty much everything you said. You clearly listened during class and got a lot out of this unit. Good work, and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete